Hello Friends!
I am so sorry for the delay in updates. My days have been filled with such wonderful and exciting things, and I am doing my very best to respond to emails, and keep everyone up-to-date through blogging!
August 30th was filled with a dentist appointment at Webster Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, and then an optometrist appointment! That evening I held a Zumba Fundraiser at the First State Academy of Dance in Milford to benefit the Children's Miracle Network! Thank you to everyone who came out for a night of fun exercising for a great cause! And a special "thanks" to Maria Fry, a longtime friend and my childhood dance instructor, for volunteering her time to teach the class that night! We all really enjoyed ourselves!
Unfortunately, that day was very difficult for my family, as my parent's dog, Tater, passed away just before the fundraiser. Tater lived a long and happy life, and he would have done anything for my mother, father, or me. He was a part of the family, and many schedules and trips have revolved around him over the years, but he has always been such a well-mannered and faithful dog. We will miss Tater, but we know that he would not have survived a week without my family while they are supporting me at the Miss America Pageant in Las Vegas.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were filled with essays, workouts, paperwork, blogging and a meeting with one of our Miss Delaware board members. So, Friday was a welcomed change of pace as I traveled to the beautiful Winterthur Gardens to celebrate the marriage of my friend, Kellie and her new husband, Sal! Congratulations to the new couple, and I know they have a life filled with great love and joy ahead of them. Saturday and Sunday I was doggy-sitting for my best friend's family, while also spending some quality time with my family. Then, Monday evening I attended the Virginia Tech/ Boise State game at Fedex Field in DC! Unfortunately, Boise State won even though there were so many Hokie Fans in attendance! I had lots of fun tailgaiting, and eating yummy food before and after the game that night! We didn't get home until well after midnight, so I was thankful to have the chance to sleep-in on Tuesday!
Tuesday afternoon I met with Mario at Salon Rispoli to have my first-ever molds done for a suction cap wig! I have never owned a wig that was custom fit for my head, and that I could swim, run, or survive a windstorm in! I can't wait for the new piece to arrive! Wednesday morning I went to Michael Christopher's Salon in Wilmington with my best friend, Julia, the bride-to-be for our hair rehearsal for her wedding, with Sal (the Miss Delaware Hair Stylist)! I was lucky enough to have a few hours free, where I could have lunch with Julia and finally catch up on all things Miss Delaware and everything with her wedding! The next day I prepared more paperwork and went to Wilmington to meet with George and Debi (Miss DE board members) to work on Quality of Life essays!
Friday was the beginning of a non-stop week for me! I was at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, the local CMN hospital, to volunteer for the 9th Annual WOGL Loves Our Kids Radiothon where nearly $400,000 has been raised each year! I was in good company, with my Miss America sister, Ashleigh Udalovas, Miss New Jersey!
Stay tuned to hear about the rest of my busy week and to see photos of each of these experiences!
Thank you all for being a part of my year as your Miss Delaware. I am loving every second of my new job!
Many hugs,
-Kayla
This is an international list of beauty pageants from around the world. A beauty pageant or ... Miss Asia Pacific World · Miss Chinese International Pageant · Miss Global · Miss Globe · Miss Grand International · Miss Heritage · Miss Model of the ...latvianet.com
Đăng ký:
Đăng Nhận xét (Atom)
Bài đăng phổ biến
-
Misaki Mori is a hot Japanese av idol.In these photos,Misaki Mori showing his perfect body by strips off her blue sweater to reveal a cute b...
-
Shinozaki Misa is a Japanese av actress.Enjoy the cute pictures of Shinozaki Misa. Profile: Birthdate: March 3, 1987 Zodiac: Pisces Birthpl...
-
This week was an interesting one, in that I didn’t have any appearances. No, you didn’t read that wrong, it was a slow, relaxing week i...
-
Kana is a general term for the syllabic Japanese scripts hiragana (ひらがな) and katakana (カタカナ) as well as the old system known as man'yōga...
-
As a pageant girl I often get questions about beauty, especially since my platform relates so closely to skin care! I won't deny it, I h...
-
HERE WE GO!!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!! We're SO EXCITED because TUESDAY means we actually get to see On-Stage Competitions now!!! Here...
-
Can Venus bring the 3rd crown of Miss Universe The 2010 Miss Universe competition will take place this year in Las Vegas, Nevada (USA) ...
-
Upon my return to New York, I had quite a busy day, flying in at noon followed by an impromptu hair appointment at Vartali Salon just in ti...
-
Last week, the Miss DC Organization organized a trip for the Top 12 of Miss America and friends of Miss DC to travel to and around Washingto...
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét